Found van staal Reel and custom rod.

Kayak & canoe rentals, kayaking , paddle boarding, and canoeing at Navarre Beach, Santa Rosa Sound, Area Rivers, kayak adventures, kayak fishing reports and kayak fishing tournaments. Post your kayaking, paddle boarding and canoeing photos and experiences here.

Spectre58

Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:13 am

I found a custom rod and van staal reel in the surf near Navarre Pier. My guess is it fell out of a fishing kayak. If you lost a rig in the surf and want to claim it respond to this post or email me at spectre58@cox.net.
David
Power User
Power User

Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:58 pm

You may want to post same on the Pensacolafishingforum.com. That reel alone sells for $700 - 900.00. Be sure you ask any replies to give a full description of the custom rod (type of guides, wrap patterns, color and variation of, etc.) Might also ask to see thier sales receipt or some other proof of ownership.

I will do some asking around at the pier as well. That outfit put a huge dent in someone's budget. I applaud you for your honesty in trying to find the owner.

I did see someone loose a Vanstaal and custom rod to a fish, probably a big Jack or blue, on the beach a few years ago but it was last seen water sking toward Pensacola Beach. Last word heard from the fisherman was "My wife is going to kill me, she already is working on punishing me for the purchase."
David
Spectre58

Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:55 pm

Spectre58 wrote:I found a custom rod and van staal reel in the surf near Navarre Pier. My guess is it fell out of a fishing kayak. If you lost a rig in the surf and want to claim it respond to this post or email me at spectre58@cox.net.
I have found the owner of the rod and reel. Thanks for your advise.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:22 am

Spectre58 wrote: I have found the owner of the rod and reel. Thanks for your advise.
That is great! I'm sure owner appreciated!
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!

Return to “Navarre Beach Kayaking, Paddle Boarding & Canoeing”