I know more people....

Discussion, updates and tracking about Hurricanes, Tropical Storms and Depressions that may be related to Florida.
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:28 am

I know more people in and out of Navarre but are in Florida than I thought I did.

A good example is a colleague whose office is next door to mine at my day job. Both he and I are looking to retire either in the second half of 2018 or perhaps into 2019, as finances allow. However, he has gone ahead and purchased property in Florida and actually closed on his house only two weeks ago!

He has decided to retire into an area of Florida just north west of Orlando (one of the Villages 'master planned' communities) and has a nice 3 bedroom, 3 bath place there. He was down there only last week to make sure his house keeper was on top of preparations for the upcoming storm. His view is that "We might have to remodel a little sooner than we expected". As of this morning, it looks like his place will get a direct hit or a very close call to the eye of Irma... I expect him to take a week or two off work in the next month to get down there to pick up the pieces all assuming he has any left to pick up if it's that close to him.

Of my two lady friends on Navarre Beach, one has already left and is to the west in AL and the other is still in Navarre waiting to see if they do call for an evacuation.
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:50 am

Well, it's quickly approaching THAT time of year again! Our prayers are with FL and the entire Gulf Coast. I always look forward to the Fall temps but the transition time is often challenging!!
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
Pete
Power User
Power User

Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:56 am

So far....so good. And the "forecasters" (guessers?) have downgraded to "below average" for the season. Yea!
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
redchaz57
Power User
Power User

Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:47 am

that's good news!!! look at the cam yesterday.. was the June grass in August from all the rain?

Return to “Hurricanes, Tropical Storms and Depressions”