That was quite the weekend.

ALL SPORTS: College Football, College Basketball, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR and other sports.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:11 am

So how about my Iowa Hawkeyes! Now #2! Long time coming. Rest of their schedule looking good for them. We'll see.
Wife is a grad from there with both a BA and MA - as well as was in their Scottish Highlanders Largest All-Girl Drum and Bagpipe Band in the world - at the time, 1960-70's - performed at halftimes instead of traditional brass band - also Macey's and Rose Bowl parades!
My college didn't have football - so I'm both a Hawkeyes and Big-10 fan! I have fun here in SEC/ACC country!

Having friends, and/or their kids, from Texas A&M - I really enjoyed that game, too!

Wonder why Arkansas didn't go for the tie? (My daughter and family live in Fort Smith - big fans). A 100+point game!

Go Hawkeyes! Go BIG-10!
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:41 am

It was stunning weekend Pete. Arkansas went for two to win outright. I was fully behind the decision. I am very surprised that Iowa is #2. I do believe they should be in the top five at this point but not sure about #2. Bama #5.....NO WAY! Go Astros!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:26 am

Sorry Pete about the loss on Saturday. Purdue is simply a giant killer and shows up in big games. As I stated earlier, due to their offense, I did not believe they were a #2 team. In the top 10 for sure with their defense. I also do not believe Cincy is a #3 team. Bama would wipe the field with Cincy and so would Georgia. Hate to say it but Georgia may just be the best thus far. They look strong.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:59 am

Ya, color me embarrassed after the Iowa/Perdue game. They quoted a statistic during the game that an unranked Perdue has beaten a #2 ranked team more times than has any other unranked team - five times! Oh well - a bye week for Iowa and then Wisconsin.
Was kinda cool last week when the Big-10 had five teams in the top 10 rankings (four this week). Big-10 is not dead!
(though SEC has had 5 in the top 10 several times - just not right now)
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!

Return to “Sports”