College Football 2018

ALL SPORTS: College Football, College Basketball, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR and other sports.
EconProf
Power User
Power User

Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:15 pm

PensacolaKid wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:50 am
We are now officially in the "horrible" season concerning College Football, although we still have the bowls and Championship. However, as is the case every year this time spells the end of the shortest season in sports.

One incredible story concerning Jalen and the Bama team. The kid could have left and joined another team but he stuck it out, prayed about it, got his chance and sealed the deal. Good young man. Great story for all these snowflakes out there now. However, you either have it or you don't and most do not.
As an Alabama alumnus, I am very proud of Jalen. He stayed because the best coaches are at UA. Dan Enos is the best quarterback coach in developing college quarterbacks for the NFL. Jalen needed some refinement which he has now. I expect that Jalen will be transferring to a quality program (outside of the SEC) and be drafted high in the NFL. His loyalty to UA will not go unnoticed by NFL scouts.

Now to the NC. Oklahoma has no defense -- an UA win. Clemson gets to play a creampuff. Clemson plays in a middle of the road conference. The SEC has eight teams in the top 25. Alabama will win with either Tua or Jalen. Roll Tide.
Linda
Power User
Power User

Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:14 pm

Looking forward to some great football in the playoffs. No one is where they are without hard work and I commend these young men and their coaches.
Linda
Power User
Power User

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:43 am

Kind of amazing Tua didn't win the Heisman. Maybe he's been seen through fans eyes only and a wider view was needed. I hated that DeShaun Watson was not chosen last year. He had the stats and continues to be all that is said about him and more with the Houston Texans. I'm sure Tua will do well in the NFL, too.
EconProf
Power User
Power User

Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:14 pm

Linda wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:43 am
Kind of amazing Tua didn't win the Heisman. Maybe he's been seen through fans eyes only and a wider view was needed. I hated that DeShaun Watson was not chosen last year. He had the stats and continues to be all that is said about him and more with the Houston Texans. I'm sure Tua will do well in the NFL, too.
Tua had 220 LESS snaps than Kyler Murray. Had he stayed till the end of the game; he would about 2000 yards more than Murray. How are you considered the top choice for the award for 12 straight weeks and lose it the 13th week due to an injury? He was robbed.
Linda
Power User
Power User

Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:03 pm

The difference between talking heads and the actual committee??
Linda
Power User
Power User

Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:43 am

Good news today for Notre Dame fans. Bryan Kelly is the Coach of the Year! He deserves it. Good man.

Ready for the Cotton Bowl. It will be the best game of the playoffs. Go TIGERS!

Return to “Sports”