Margaritaville in Destin

Destin and Fort Walton Beach is where you discuss their beaches, restaurants, lodging, fishing and special attractions.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:15 am

My apologies as I did not know where this might belong but....for those of you interested in your near future planning of your Navarre Beach vacation and want to be aware of things to do in the immediate area, the building/real estate that used to be the Lucky Snapper on the Destin Harborwalk, then Tightlines, is now.....Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville Restaurant.

Here is the bottom line on that place. Number one, incredible view. Perhaps no better view on the Harbor. Secondly, the concept is fun and beachy and ya know...worth the price of admission with just those two elements. Number three though.....mediocre at best, food. Just like his place in Vegas, Orlando, Pensacola.....waaaay overpriced and frankly, they are there to sell hats, flipflops and t-shirts.

One would think that Mr. Buffet, who by the way, sounds absolutely horrendous these days, would have made the Cheeseburger in Paradise, his go to menu item and one that would rival any burger on the planet. Yeah....not so much.

Go have a cold beer or glass of wine and an appetizer and enjoy the view. That is the best part of Margaritaville.
Sandstomper

Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:30 pm

I hope Margaritaville does better than Cheeseburger In Paradise that was in Atlanta. I've eaten a lot of cheeseburgers in my time, but there was no Paradise in theirs.

I liked the Lucky Snapper and ate there several times. Did not try Tightlines, but you're right about the view P'Kid.
Life is too short to shave with a dull razor!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:41 pm

Yeah Sandstomper, the building that now houses Margaritaville is THE vest view in my opinion or top three anyway. Food wise, I prefer Harbor Docks just down east of there but even they have, in my humble opinion, broken away with what got'em there and gone with the modern day theory....high prices, smaller portions, more frozen, sell tons of t-shirts.

I just can't get over the Margaritaville chain not making their Cheeseburger the very best on the planet. Shows me they don't really care about the food. More about the experience and merchandising.

The Margaritaville on the strip in Vegas....some of the very worst food I have ever eaten. Kinda forced into it one night last year. Horrible! Again, drinks and t-shirts.
SouthernBreeze
Power User
Power User

Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:34 pm

Even JB says that his singing is, well, questionable? But, to his credit, he has developed and has made a whole lot of money on his "brand". I agree that it is a fantastic location in terms of the view, and I'll bet they will make a lot of money at that location. Concerning the food, well I've had better.

Return to “Destin ~ Fort Walton Beach”