Question about a Fort Walton Restaurant

Destin and Fort Walton Beach is where you discuss their beaches, restaurants, lodging, fishing and special attractions.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:27 am

This may be a bit difficult to recollect but does anyone remember or better yet, anyone ever eat at the restaurant called.....Harbor Lights. The building is actually still there.

If you are going toward the Fort Walton bridge, literally before you go over it (heading east toward Destin) there is that little road that juts just to the right. There is an aqua colored, little motel (stayed there believe it or not) right there and that road leads straight down to the water. Harbor Lights is that building.

Of course, this was the late 70's and early 80's but what a restaurant. Giant fried shrimp. Giant broiled Flounder....like the good ol days. The view was simply spectacular.

Anyone remember it?
wregle
Power User
Power User

Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:10 pm

There is a restaurant in that area called High Tide. Don't know if that's what you remember. Good food though!
You can shake the sand from your shoes but it never leaves your soul
Sandstomper

Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:08 am

The High Tide is fantastic! I just celebrated my birthday there a couple of weeks ago since it is one of my local favorites. For those who haven't tried it, it is kind of a throw back to the 60's. I don't think they've done anything to the decor since then. Who cares, they invest in quality seafood and terrific martinis.

Give it a try, you want be disappointed!
Life is too short to shave with a dull razor!
lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:52 am

Is this where Rick's Crab Trap use to be?(right on the bay) We went there summer 2010 and were told that Rick's had moved to Ft. Walton....can't remember the name of place that was there ?

PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:18 am

No, I know where HighTide is located and yes, they have not changed the decor in 35 years. They do have great Gumbo. Lvthebch, Crab Shack is still there but just before you get into downtown Fort Walton. This restaurant is on that little road that you take just before you go over the bridge. There is a little old motel right there to. The building is still there but the restaurant is long gone. Great food and ambiance back then.
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:20 pm

I think Magnolia Grill is somewhere around there, isn't it? High Tide is Just over the bridge going out of Ft. Walton onto Okaloosa Island ... correct me if I'm wrong.
May your troubles be less, and your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.
RoBear

Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:18 pm

Magnolia Grill is off to the right at the last stoplight before you cross the bridge. High Tide is just over the bridge, on the right. You can see it from the bridge.
I know there used to be quite a few places that changed hands in the taller building to the right off the lil road. I think it was Rick's, then fishlips, then something else. If you go a bit farther on that road, there is a french cafe/resturant type of place. I've never eaten there, ut have heard it is/was good.
beachmama

Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:23 am

http://postcards.bidstart.com/2-Views-H ... 516/a.html

just googled it it and came across this!!!!
I dig my toes into the sand......
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:03 am

beachmama wrote:http://postcards.bidstart.com/2-Views-H ... 516/a.html

just googled it it and came across this!!!!
So I captured the images, just in case the photos disappear from the link! ;)
HarborLightsFWB.jpeg
HarborLightsFWB.jpeg (35.55 KiB) Viewed 10406 times
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:03 pm

I ate at the Harbor Light Restaurant many many times starting back on the early 70's. I guess my last meal there was roughly the 1977 time frame. Literally before you go over the Fort Walton Bridge, take that right little road and follow it down to the water. The building is there. It was an institution much like Staff's, albeit not lasting nearly as long. I remember it having outstanding fried shrimp and broiled Red Snapper and Flounder.

Return to “Destin ~ Fort Walton Beach”