Fort Walton Restaurants

Destin and Fort Walton Beach is where you discuss their beaches, restaurants, lodging, fishing and special attractions.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:55 am

Along the same lines as my below post....has anyone patronized any of the 4-5 restaurants in Fort Walton that kind of surround the Pier area. It seems like there are several "seafood" type places. From the street they are very eye catching but just wondering if that is about all they offer! They look much like Joe's Crabshack, which is perhaps one of the very worst "seafood" places on this planet. They are the McDonald's of seafood!
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:20 pm

Hi P'kid

Sounds like you're getting ready for your trip. What happened to your plans to cook all that fish that you catch? Anyway, back to the subject ... I think Rick's Crab Trap is right below the bridge that takes you to Okaloosa Island. Good food, great ambiance, but kinda pricey (if I remember correctly). Home 2007 loves that place!

EBB
May your troubles be less, and your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:34 pm

Yes, EBB, I know about Rick's Crab Trap. Very good! The places I am speaking of are over the bridge (Fort Walton) and on your right, past the first light. They are literally all around the Pier area.
EastBayBabe
Power User
Power User

Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:38 pm

Sorry I misunderstood, P'kid. And I don't think I can help you out ... I don't even know where the pier is in Ft. Walton Beach :( Hope someone can answer your question ... when I hear some of the names, it might ring a bell with me.

Have a good day! EBB
May your troubles be less, and your blessings be more, and nothing but happiness come through your door.
vickinoe
Power User
Power User

Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:58 pm

Ft. Walton Beach is the place to go for food. My favorite is Chops-expensive and delicious, you order a la carte. You need a BMW or a Mercedes to park in the lot. Nice view of the boats in the marina There is another good place called Crab something which is near the aquarium. You can go see the dolphin show after eating. You're right on the beach there. Red Lobster is good, too, and usually has a good crowd. I don't eat seafood, but I like steak or chicken. Navarre doesn't have much to offer for restaurants. Ft. Walton is the place to go.
beachgirl
Power User
Power User

Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:07 pm

Black Pearl... steak and seafood. Don't waste your money. Tourist prices, low grade quality.

Crab Trap... seafood. usually pretty good.

Anglers.... my personal favorite. has open deck and family friendly atmosphere. decent prices for amount of food.
vickinoe
Power User
Power User

Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:44 pm

here...a sneak preview of Chops (I'm starving!)

http://www.marinacafe.com/
DAVEnavarre

Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:03 pm

Destin Chops & Marina Cafe are technically in Downtown Destin.

The Black Pearl would be on the island in FWB. TOURISTY = $$$.

Angler's is probably the better of all the seafood places on the island in FWB.

Red Lobster = NO WAY...is it even real seafood? I'd call that place the McD's of seafood too.

For the BEST seafood...head from Navarre on Hwy 98 over the island in FWB. While crossing the Destin bridge get into your left land. As you come down the bridge ... prepare to turn left. As you turn, to your right will be McGuire's...travel the road to the water ... DEWEY DESTIN'S for the BEST seafood !

If you want the best STEAK...head to Seagar's located on the Hilton Sandestin Property lower level east entrance or Ruth's Chris Steak House across from the Destin Wal-Mart can't miss it.

Dave
I'm the MAYOR - gotta love me !
Go Fish

Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:04 pm

pensacolakid Try a few of the restaurants just before you go over the bridge take the right just before you go to Ricks crab trap they are kinda off the beaten path but have great food and atmosphere.. There is one called the American Bistro. Awesome food (chef prepared) and excellent prices. And the other one is called Cafe Itialia if your in the mood for Itialian food they have outdoor seating and usually live entertainment (acoustic type music not like a band or anything.) and if your in the mood for Spicey food they also have a Thia resturant all on the same street.

http://www.thebeachcomber.org/bigcity.htm

http://www.acaffeitalia.com/

Sorry dont have a web site for the Thia restaurant.

And last but not least the Magnolia grill is also located on the same street. Excellent food

http://www.magnoliagrillfwb.com/

Go Fish
beachewoman

Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:18 pm

I've never had a bad meal at the Crab Trap.....and you can't beat the view, if you choose outside seating. 8)
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:31 pm

Yes, Dave, I ate at Dewey's about a month ago. THE best fried shrimp basket I have ever had in my life....bar none! Cool little place. We are definitely going there after our annual dolphin cruise. Thanks for the heads up on the places, Go Fish, Beachgirl. A couple of those may be tried!
Home2007

Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:48 pm

:P
Last edited by Home2007 on Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:23 am

Couple of other suggestions - and while they have fish, they are good at other things too, if/when tired of fish.

For steak (and a little closer than Destin Chops or SanDestin Seegars - and yes we really like Chops/Marina - food, service and view) we really like Pandora's on Oklaoosa island, tucked in behind the convention center (no view). It is a new location for them as their original location is now parking for a big gulf-front condo. Very good prime-rib special on Weds and Sundays for $14.95. (closed Mondays) Full bar, good wine list - dark wood, booths, good service. Eggplant appitizer is to die for.

Also consider another favorite of ours - Cafe Italia - downtown FWB on Brooks St, just before the bridge - on the sound. Doesn't look like much from the street - big old house with semi-tacky decoration. Not "really Italian" - but Italian-ish and pizza as well as many other good dishes (owner is from eastern Europe, married to retired AF). Friendly, full-bar, limited but OK wine list. If weather is OK, gotta sit on the decks with the sound view.

I could go on with others that way we like - wish we had some of them here in Navarre - maybe someday?
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:03 am

Thanks for the suggestions, Pete!
beachgirl
Power User
Power User

Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:35 pm

Chops is extremely good and extremely pricey. I love to go there.... when someone else is paying.

There are a few more that deserve mentioning before you cross Brook's Bridge (FWB). On the north side of the road, Sealand. Wonderful early bird specials, always a good meal. The place is not decorated to impress.

On the south side of 98, Staff's. Not the cheapest unless you consider that you will have more food than you can deal with. Their prices are for a 7 course meal. Good food but you will feel stuffed for two days afterward.

Magnolia Grill on Brooks street, just south of 98. Good home cooking in an old home shaded by trees and on the sound. Prices are not bad and food is good.

Return to “Destin ~ Fort Walton Beach”