14JULY12-Lightning at Night, Rainbows, 360 Wheel and Sunset

Information and discussion about Pensacola Beach.
jennjeff1
Power User
Power User

Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:43 pm

14JULY12-Lightning at Night, Double Rainbows, 360 Wheel and Sunset Colors with Patriotic Flag/Palm on Pensacola Beach...all on the same day when thunderstorms threatened to cancell the Blue Angels' Home Show!

~Jeff (& Jenny) at JSJ Photography (Formerly) of Navarre

Jeff at JSJ Photography's Fine Art America Gallery
Be sure to "LIKE" JSJ Photography (Formerly) of Navarre on Facebook too!
© 2012-2014 JSJ Photography
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:33 am

WOW...the double strike to the west of the Pensacola Pier is incredible. How did you get that Jeff? That is a very cool picture.
Lagunatic
Power User
Power User

Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:49 pm

Beautiful :!:
Remember, where your treasure is, there your heart is also.
jennjeff1
Power User
Power User

Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:53 pm

Thanks Lagunatic and P'Kid!

I took several photos with a long (25 second) exposure mounted on a tripod while trying to time the next lightning event in the 25-second window...I had about 10 blank shots of the pier without a lightning event and about 10 more that were just totally out of focus (some with and some without lightning events) but I just kept the top 3. Sometimes I take 300-600 shots on "countinuous exposure" click-click-click and can pick out 2 or 3 out of those several hundred that have a lighting event in them but they too can be out of focus. Not sure which method is better or more time consuming...at least with today's digital cameras I don't have to wait until all that expensive film is developed to see which ones have lightning events in focus!

I may buy a special light meter that snaps the lightinging shots when the lightning event ocurrs automatically, but one professional photographer in Pensacola told me they cost more than my camera ($600)!

Maybe if I sell enough prints/screen savers/calendars I can afford a lightning detector light meter and more lenses! ;)

~Jeff

Return to “Pensacola Beach ”