Autism OdysSea Sat April 11 2015

Managed by Navarre High School: Students at the Marine Science Station at the Navarre Beach Park promoting the appreciation, conservation, and understanding of the marine ecosystem of coastal Florida through education and service.
Kayak Dave
Power User
Power User

Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:12 pm

Sorry for short notice, my computers been down. This is a great event for everyone, come join us tomorrow.
dave

Join us for a special day at the Navarre Beach Marine Science Station just for families affected by Autism Spectrum Disorders. Teachers, trained volunteers, and students from the Navarre Beach Marine Science Station are excited to host this unique event. Participants will rotate at their own pace to learning stations throughout the park.

Hands-on activities include:

Touch Tanks
Fish prints
Dolphin rescue activity
Puppet show
Character Meet and Greet
Kayaking - age 6 and up
Sensory Stations
Animal Adaptations
Fish form and function
Shark Myths
Sea turtle craft

All participants: Please print out the waiver (1 per family) and bring it to the event. You will need the waiver and event ticket for entry. Thank you!

These events provide families affected with autism an opportunity to enjoy time together in a fun, upbeat, and accepting environment. The mission of the Navarre Beach Marine Science Station is to promote the appreciation, conservation, and understanding of the marine ecosystem of coastal Florida through education and service.

Please note, that due to costs involved with running this event, refunds are not available. We apologize for any inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding

· How late does it last? 1pm.

What if my child can’t swim? All children who kayak will be required to wear a coast guard approved PFD (personal flotation device).

Will there be food? We will have hot dogs, chips, baked goods and drinks available for purchase. If you would like to bring snacks or if your child is on a special diet, we encourage you to bring what you like.

Can my typical child kayak? Yes, please make sure each child kayaking has a waiver.

What else do I need to bring? A towel, sunscreen, closed toe shoes and a smile! You might want to bring a camera to catch all those smiles.

Can I get in the water with my child? Yes, but understand there will be qualified kayak instructors in the water with your child.

Cost: Parent(s) and + 1 child Participant 10.00

Parent(s) + 2 child participants 15.00

Parent(s) + 3 child participants 20.00

Exceptional Adult living with Autism (1) 5.00
Last edited by Kayak Dave on Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KayakDave
850-313-9158
Navarre Beach Kayaks
Kayak Eco Tours
http://www.NavarreBeachKayaks.com
Info@NavarreBeachKayaks.com
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:15 pm

I think maybe you mean April 11, 2015? You're just testing the moderators, aren't you!! :wink:
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
Kayak Dave
Power User
Power User

Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:34 pm

Thank you, did I get the year right?
KayakDave
850-313-9158
Navarre Beach Kayaks
Kayak Eco Tours
http://www.NavarreBeachKayaks.com
Info@NavarreBeachKayaks.com
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:06 pm

Kayak Dave wrote:Thank you, did I get the year right?
Well, I surely hope so!

Thanks for correcting the month ... scared me for a second when I thought I'd have to live that month over again!!
:shock:
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB

Return to “Navarre Beach Marine Science Station”