Will the berm be breached

Here is the main forum about Navarre Beach. You will find tons of information, condo/beach house rentals, and discussion about the most beautiful beach in the world. Welcome to Paradise!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:41 am

That is the question. I know this, Navarre and the surrounding area is going to get hit with a lot of rain. You guys stay safe, Going Nuts, Kenny, Navarrian, Summerbreeze and the rest. Wish it would rain here in Houston, Texico but it simply won't. Never does in July, August and September.

I will say, this has not been the summer of the pristine water, that is fo sho!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:19 am

On the webcam you can see where one of the last storms actually sent water up into the berm. I believe this storm, Sally will get to at least there if not further. Stairs will be missing by Wednesday and perhaps 5-10 feet of the berm. At least it is not a Cat 2 or above.....at least not yet.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:43 pm

Now that it has become a hurricane, I believe there is a darn good chance the berm is going to have some damage. Kenny stay safe first and foremost but if able take some of your stunning photos of the Sound.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:01 pm

PensacolaKid wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:41 am
That is the question. I know this, Navarre and the surrounding area is going to get hit with a lot of rain. You guys stay safe, Going Nuts, Kenny, Navarrian, Summerbreeze and the rest. Wish it would rain here in Houston, Texico but it simply won't. Never does in July, August and September.

I will say, this has not been the summer of the pristine water, that is fo sho!
That indeed is the question! And EXACTLY why they have the signs up NOT to walk on the berms. Those property owners who have allowed tenants to make a pathway through the berm should be fined heavily to help cover the cost of re-nourishment!
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
ProGator723

Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:52 pm

A couple of pics from Sunday afternoon
Attachments
4FD334E6-FB6B-457E-8B2F-03A05C59B587.jpeg
4FD334E6-FB6B-457E-8B2F-03A05C59B587.jpeg (59.98 KiB) Viewed 1054 times
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:08 am

That is a very beautiful picture ProGator. Are you also a semi, ProSeminole? :D :shock:
ProGator723

Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:13 am

NO SIR, Progator was the brand of bass boat I owned. I am a Geaux-Tigas all the way. The weather is a tad formidable this morning, although I have not seen Joe Cantore yet.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:32 am

Wow - great photo!!
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
Going Nuts

Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:00 pm

ProGator723 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:13 am
NO SIR, Progator was the brand of bass boat I owned. I am a Geaux-Tigas all the way. The weather is a tad formidable this morning, although I have not seen Joe Cantore yet.
Alabama fan here, although most of my inlaws are Auburn-ites so we're always ribbing each other. Congrats for LSU's 2019 season, and I hope we get to play ball this year! Can't imaging a fall without college football!

Btw, is Joe Cantore Jim's brother?
(Giving you a hard time... :D )
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:56 am

Going Nuts, hope you are safe and dry and that your property did not suffer any damage. Gotta believe though the dock no doubt took a hit, maybe a big one? When safe for you to do so, I know many of us would greatly appreciate any and all updates as to the area.
ProGator723

Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:06 am

Going nuts, few folks knew that Jim and Joe were twins, or that the "O" and the "I" were so close together on the keyboard :) . the island has kept power amazing, but probably the only positive to offer thus far. We have been hammered since about 2am. We are about a 1/4 mile from where the National seahore begins, there is a small river between the house and the berm. Not safe to investigate much more at this time.
AU70TIGER

Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:07 am

Appreciate the updates for those of us far removed from Navarre Beach. A photo or video would be appreciated. Stay safe. Are you saying that Navarre Beach has power?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:40 am

Thank you ProGator. The webcams are obviously down.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:41 am

I did see that one of the cranes that is being used to construct the 3 mile bridge in Pensacola has fallen over the entire east and west bound lanes of the bridge. Not that you could get on it to begin with but now for sure.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:16 am

Read elsewhere that Navarre beach lost power at some point but that the berm held up well.
Here at the golf course we lost power about 7 AM on the 16th, restored about 4 AM on the 17th - 21 hours much better than the 6 days for Ivan and 3-1/2 days for Dennis. Some friends who live in behind the Hampton Inn/Cayo Grande Apts kept power the whole time - and they have power via poles/above ground lines. We are underground - go figure? I lost several ridge-cap shingles from the SE facing hip-roof ridge. Had to fish half of them out of the pool. Number of smaller branches down, but didn't lose any trees or fence (driving around, saw other with trees and fences down.) Lots of leaves. Gonna take awhile for this old guy to get it all cleaned up!
Checked a couple of nearby WU-PWS and appears we got between 18-24 inches of rain over three days. Highest wind recorded by them was 50+ mph.

Couple of links to Randy Meredith's online "Navarre Newspaper" - with pics (he lives in an upper floor of the East Summerwinds Condo):
https://www.navarrenewspaper.com/navarr ... -to-sally/
https://www.navarrenewspaper.com/cleanu ... rre-beach/
https://www.navarrenewspaper.com/what-a ... day-makes/
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!

Return to “NAVARRE BEACH ~ MAIN FORUM”