Amazing Week!

Here is the main forum about Navarre Beach. You will find tons of information, condo/beach house rentals, and discussion about the most beautiful beach in the world. Welcome to Paradise!
lovenavarre

Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:35 pm

Just had to share how wonderful it was to be back in Navarre this past week! It was harder than ever to leave. We did things a little different this time - we were a smaller crew since we went later in the year (we are normally there mid July). The water was beautiful and calm until Thursday. But we were only kept off the beach from the rain for the morning. Also had the most incredible experience - a loggerhead had laid her eggs not far from the end of our walkover near the berm ( I would assume at least a few months ago). And we got the pleasure of watching them hatch and start their life long journey! The team from the NB Sea Turtle Center was awesome! They allowed us to watch and answered so many of our questions. While we had seen the nests before, never in our over 30 years of going to NB had we had never witnessed them hatch and emerge! Couldn't help but cheer as the first one made it to the water and then disappeared as quickly as he had hatched.
One thing that did upset me - the lot next to the home we rent home has become a crossover. There are rules posted in the rental units and signs on the berm to not cross. We tried to educate when we could, but some people just don't care. Some woman even tried to tell us that the people she rents from said, Oh it's ok to cross there. We pointed out where the public accessess were. 2 years ago we watched as volunteers planted the sea oat plants, then to see how much they have grown was wonderful. Just wish more could be done to enforce people to follow the rules.
We also saw several pods of dolphins, and even saw a baby jump a few times. I wonder if they could hear us cheering ? :D We did notice the skimmers weren't as plentiful - maybe they move on this time of year. But the pelicans - sooooo many pelicans. We always look forward to their syncronized flights along the top of the water.
Can't wait to be back next year - hope the island is spared from erosion from the storms!
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:37 am

Great report, lovenavarre! Always enjoyable to read about fun times at Navarre Beach ... but especially NOW! :)

Did you happen to get any photos of the crossover in question? If so, we might forward them to the "powers that be" to find a solution. As we all know from what necessitated the renourishments in the first place, a breach in the berm is a huge liability to the entire island!!
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
lovenavarre

Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:15 pm

Hey Angelgirl. The lot I am referring to is across from Ohio Street. I wonder if the property owners are even aware.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:47 am

Great report Lovenavarre. I bet that was amazing watching those baby turtles. I love seeing baby dolphins as well. So cute!

Return to “NAVARRE BEACH ~ MAIN FORUM”