This is spooky

Here is the main forum about Navarre Beach. You will find tons of information, condo/beach house rentals, and discussion about the most beautiful beach in the world. Welcome to Paradise!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:48 am

In looking at all the webcams from Galveston to Destin to this one, the best one, it is downright spooky. Texas starting tonight at midnight is in a stay at home status, which frankly is no different than we have been in for the last several days. Again, in my opinion, just another way for them to make it sound much worse than it is. I say this because during his speech this morning (Houston's Mayor) he said you could still go to the parks, go shopping, go to the pharmacy, etc., just stay 6 feet away from others. No difference but a different title. Ridiculous!
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:01 pm

PensacolaKid wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:48 am
In looking at all the webcams from Galveston to Destin to this one, the best one, it is downright spooky. Texas starting tonight at midnight is in a stay at home status, which frankly is no different than we have been in for the last several days. Again, in my opinion, just another way for them to make it sound much worse than it is. I say this because during his speech this morning (Houston's Mayor) he said you could still go to the parks, go shopping, go to the pharmacy, etc., just stay 6 feet away from others. No difference but a different title. Ridiculous!
As with all contagions, the situation evolves. I'm sure in the beginning, people became quite ill and some even died from what is now considered "the common cold". To their credit with this new virus, officials took steps "in an abundance of caution" to protect the public ... it's by far the safest way especially in a situation like this when there isn't enough data to know the course of the disease. We still don't know entirely but at least there is a bit more data now and there are now some possible successful treatments to halt or heal and for that I'm thankful to the good Lord! Thank you, Jesus!

It is a bit eerie to see the almost empty beaches, though. Kinda like the old movie "The Day After". Of course, in that it was supposed to be a small city in the midwest after a nulear attack.

We're enjoying seeing the sunshine here today ... have had several days of clouds, fog and sprinkles with a few "scattered showers"! But today feels just like a spring day is supposed to feel like! :)
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:57 am

The lack of traffic on the traffic cam is just astounding. Very weird. Reminds me of the good ol days back in the very early to mid 70's.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:56 pm

Apparently Texas and especially the Galveston Police are not really enforcing the stay at home rule. Go to Galvestonfishingpier.com (be ready for ugly water though) and watch the long boarders riding the waves. The weather here is 90 degrees, relatively low humidity and not a cloud in the sky. Perfect hang 10 weather.

galvestonfishingpier.com
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:44 pm

In all my 52 years of being at and on Navarre Beach, not sure I have ever witnessed the beach from an aerial view being so completely void of people. Oh sure, I have been on the beach many times at 4:30-5:00 am and not seen a soul to the right or left of me but to see it for miles and miles and not see a person on the beach.....bizarre. It is getting close to time whereby we open things up smartly. The beach is one of them. If we can go to the grocery store then we can go to the beach.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:51 pm

In all my 52 years of being at and on Navarre Beach, not sure I have ever witnessed the beach from an aerial view being so completely void of people. Oh sure, I have been on the beach many times at 4:30-5:00 am and not seen a soul to the right or left of me but to see it for miles and miles and not see a person on the beach.....bizarre. It is getting close to time whereby we open things up smartly. The beach is one of them. If we can go to the grocery store then we can go to the beach.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:56 am

Just took a look at the beach cam and even though it is incredibly beautiful today, looking both east and west literally not a soul on the beach for as far as you can see. Who in a million years ever thought you would be able to say that? Who in a million years thought just 3-4 weeks ago, our country would come to almost a complete stop and that the best economy this world had ever seen would have imploded to the depths we have ever seen except for one time and it is not unrealistic to believe that could not happen again. Who ever even imagined this would happen?

Hopefully they are close to finding a vaccine. Don't know how it can be done but those nasty people in China who run and participate in those wet markets.....they need to be shut down and burned. Filthy, nasty people! How many viruses have to come out of that ****hole for the world to wake up?

Return to “NAVARRE BEACH ~ MAIN FORUM”