It appears things are going very well...

Here is the main forum about Navarre Beach. You will find tons of information, condo/beach house rentals, and discussion about the most beautiful beach in the world. Welcome to Paradise!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon May 20, 2019 7:33 am

So, when I was down there a couple of weeks ago, I met with Mermaidmansion's, John Karam to go in and view the townhome we have rented. In our discussions, he said to (which we normally do anyway) get your groceries prior to coming over and checking in because if you wait until late Saturday afternoon to go to the store, the round trip could take you 1.5 to 2 hours to go 3 miles. The traffic is literally backed up from the causeway/98 light, over the bridge and past the Tom Thumb. It seems with the lack of storms and the booming economy (thank you President Trump) it is very popular again.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Mon May 20, 2019 9:03 am

Not only getting off the island - getting on is experiencing backups.
Had a trip towards Ft. Walton Beach on Saturday about noon. The west bound Hwy 98 traffic to turn onto the causeway was backed up to McDonald's. I note that turning traffic is stacking up on the grass median to turn as turn lane not long enough.
Not quite as bad for east bound 98 to the causeway as they don't have to wait for a light, but the short turn lane does also back it up some.

I'm pleased to note when I go to/from the beach (did it four times last week as had different guests visiting) that the speed limit for nesting birds is pretty well adhered.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
Garrison

Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:16 pm

There continues to be an exodus of folks from Destin as well. Then factor in the vacation rentals from Mexico Beach area that were taken off the market, not just by the hurricane itself but displaced residents, and recovery workers who are using rentals for temporary housing, and it's "Go West Young Man." In fact, just for kicks last week, across 4 different rental sites, I did a search for Gulf front accommodations for our existing dates of stay.......1 unit at Beach Colony resort popped up and that was it for Navarre Beach.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:55 am

I did the same Garrison from Quest to Bluemoon Beach Rentals to Century 21 to Navarre Beach Agency and more and more of these folks are losing rental properties to VRBO. Even Mermaidmansions has lost quite a few rental properties.

We went to Juana's one night and it was ridiculously crowded. So much so that we left shortly after arriving.
Garrison

Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:30 am

I remember when Expedia bought VRBO and immediately raised the fees, that was a shame. Then Emerald Coast By Owner came along in response, but management companies are listing there now also.

We are fortunate, I believe, to be arriving on a Monday as opposed to Saturday. I'm still going to have as many condo necessities as possible pre-loaded in the car, so long as they don't infringe on dedicated space for fishing gear lol.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:21 am

I am jealous my friend. Have a great time. Catch some Mahi-Mahi.
gailjean
Power User
Power User

Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:03 am

I'm surprised if more owners and management companies are using VRBO. We listed through them for quite a few years - more as a way of advertising - but had the management company still set up reservations. Then VRBO raised rates, made reviews obligatory, raised rates more, and now they even charge guests a fee for making a reservation through them. So we stopped using them. I do admit, I miss reading some of the "offers" to rent our 3 bedroom condo on the Gulf, especially during the oil debacle ("How about $50 a night inclusive? It's better than nothing!" No, actually it's not. It's worse.)

Some people I know have created their own websites, or list/advertise through Facebook.

Return to “NAVARRE BEACH ~ MAIN FORUM”