Pensacolakid's brief trip

Here is the main forum about Navarre Beach. You will find tons of information, condo/beach house rentals, and discussion about the most beautiful beach in the world. Welcome to Paradise!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon May 06, 2019 9:02 am

Good Monday to the Forum Nation. Last week I was fortunate enough to be able to visit the Pensacola/Navarre area although it was a very brief trip. Got a longer one coming up in June. My apologies for not calling on my Navarre friends while down but I was really only in Navarre for one day, the rest was in Pensacola.

As I have told countless people over the years, every time I am in Navarre or Pensacola, I see something I have never seen or witnessed before and usually it is revolves around nature. Well, this trip was no exception. I was on the pier in Pensacola and saw my first Tiger Shark ever in the area. It was about 7 feet long and was at the end of the pier on the right side. Very beautiful indeed and glad I was 30 feet above it. A brief time after that we all saw two Spinner Sharks leap out of the water and yes, spin. I assume they or it was a Spinner Shark.

Then moments later, again, at the very end of the pier, I see an Osprey come flying by with either an eel or a snake in it's talons.

The day before, I was fishing at my buddy, Going Nuts family place on the Sound by myself and I see two Bald Eagles chacing what appeared to be an Osprey, away from the Eagles nest. How cool is that.

HOWEVER, the coolest and scariest thing was about to happen. As I make my way off of his pier with rods, tackle box, etc, in hand, I walk through his yard to the front of the house where my car is parked. I open a couple of doors and my trunk to put stuff away. As I am doing this, I hear something behind me and turn to see a 400 lb. Black Bear. Yes, a 400 lb, probably 7 foot tall Black Bear between 98 and the Sound. I initially got the crap scared out of me but I quietly put things away and jumped in the car. I rolled down the window and followed him down the path. He climbs a big Spanish Moss riddles oak tree like it was nothing and my sounds and calls to him did not faze him in the least. It was so cool. I was planning on going back to his place the following morning to fish early in the morning but being by myself that deep into the property....well, I though otherwise and went back to the pier. A great experience but folks, now ya know, there are indeed black bears in Navarre. Probably Cougars nearby as well. I definitely do not want to see one of those.

Oh, I was also fortunate enough to be able to take in a ball game at Blue Wahoo's Stadium via Going Nuts. Thank you for everything brother. As you may know Gulf Breeze is reportedly one of the hottest places on earth to witness UFO's. More than likely most, if not all are probably military explained but Going Nuts and I witnessed one or two. It was dark and to the upper left of the scoreboard, we saw three horizontal amber colored lights. These were spaced a good ways away from each other and in sync, the lights turned off from left to right and it did it twice. These did not look like airplane lights in color or spacing. Very strange.

I hope June brings even more cool things to witness.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Mon May 06, 2019 12:56 pm

Well, we're glad your "bear encounter" ended safely! :shock: As human encroachment increases, their environment decreases and as we know from living, once upon a time, in the wilder parts of the Ozarks, wild critters are enticed by the smell of food even if it's in the form of garbage or pets ... and they can be destructive and dangerous.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Mon May 06, 2019 5:04 pm

Very interesting read as always Pkid! I would have believed the bear story if you had stopped long enough to get a picture of him! :shock: :D

AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Mon May 06, 2019 6:11 pm

AngelGirl

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon May 06, 2019 9:58 pm

Oh my friend I do have pictures and I do have video and I shall post tomorrow
Going Nuts

Tue May 07, 2019 7:47 am

Thanks for the short visit, and don't forget about our Fish House lunch that you bought! We look forward to seeing you in June!

p.s.
I told Pkid that is our neighborhood resident bear, and he/she only wants a fresh fish or somebody that smells like one!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue May 07, 2019 12:15 pm

What is the best way to post a picture and video?
Going Nuts

Wed May 08, 2019 7:32 am

Pkid,
Click the reply button, then scroll down towards the bottom looking for the "Options/Attachments" tabs. Click on Attachments, then click Add Files and follow the prompts. Piece of cake. (Said no 60-something ever...)
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Mon May 13, 2019 9:30 am

A photo from Pensacolakid's "bear encounter" ~ turns out Blackie the Bear was just inviting him to a picnic!! ;) :shock: However, that is a "close encounter" we can all do without!!
PK's Bear Encounter 05-2019-cropped.jpg
AngelGirl

PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue May 14, 2019 9:08 am

Great capture AG. Now if someone can tell me how to post a video from my phone to here that would be fantastic. Every time I try to send the video to my personal and business inbox, it says the file exceeds the limit.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Tue May 14, 2019 9:45 am

Well, it's your photo, 'Kid ;) ... sorry I wasn't able to clear up the contrast a bit more. Cropping it was about all I could accomplish. The black bear was in the dark shadows and my photo editing program isn't quite sophisticated enough to deal with that.

As far as your video, there should be a way to resize it, but my knowledge is less than amateur on video stuff, so I'm no help at all! :(
AngelGirl

PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue May 14, 2019 10:53 am

I think that is a great rendition AG. Thanks for posting it.

Return to “NAVARRE BEACH ~ MAIN FORUM”