My apologies

Here is the main forum about Navarre Beach. You will find tons of information, condo/beach house rentals, and discussion about the most beautiful beach in the world. Welcome to Paradise!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:52 am

To our Administrator, Kenny Wilder, our two Moderators and Forum Members,

I would like to offer my sincere apology for helping to create a toxic atmosphere in the Political Thread. I make no bones about the fact that I am a very conservative person. I love this country, how she was designed and for the most part, what she has been. I fully support and defend everything this side stands for and sometimes I have a difficult time when pieces of or masses of this country want to take that away or try and defend actions contrary to everything the country and Constitution stand for.

In addition, and although I consider myself well educated, my language sometimes does not reflect that. Perhaps more along the lines of a Coach of which I am quite involved. This my friends is a goal of mine to rectify that situation.

Lastly, I am indeed a devout Christian. Although I fail at showing it many times and communicating in such a way as to show that. This more than anything is why I am posting this apology. I also try and defend what I firmly believe God desires for this country and for life and particularly the life of the unborn. I will make no apologies for that but will try and show it a different way.

As for the Political Thread, I really do not care if it is reinstated or not but if so, I will conduct myself on it according to the rules and regulations.

Have a good and Christ filled day.
Going Nuts

Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:48 am

Pkid,
I also share your conservative views, but arguing politics is always a dead-end street. I have a brother who is very liberal, as are his two twenty-something daughters (who preach their beliefs at family gatherings, etc.), and many dear friends who are democrats. Life is too short to stay frustrated about things out of our power or engage in unwinnable arguments. I stopped listening to Rush and others like him years ago, and I've rarely visited the political forum on this site nor any other site. I don't know what said that made you feel guilty, but knowing you, I'm sure you're not going to sit still and not get involved in the discussion.

Our Episcopal Rector gave an amazing sermon a few weeks ago about us Christians not being perfect, so God knows when we let our tempers flare (or have a bloody Mary at lunch on a Friday), and He forgives us for all of our discretions. I bet your apology is accepted here too.

Remember too that the political pendulum usually swings both ways.

By the way, I bet you're tired from staying up late and watching the Oscars! :D
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:28 am

Thank you for that my brother. You are absolutely correct. I will not be engaging in political discourse hence forth and I will simply exercise that via my vote.

I very much appreciate the advice. I owe ya one! :D

As for the Oscars....heck, I called it last year and I will call the Oscars for 2020. It is a Trump bashing affair whereby overpaid, godless, half naked, worldly people pat themselves on the back for movies for which I would argue the vast majority of people in America have not even seen. I certainly have not. Although I will be paying my dollar for the new Tim Tebow movie. Would never in a million years watch such foolishness. I did read, however, that it turned out just the way I figured it would be.
Garrison

Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:29 pm

Kid, you're alright by me :) I treat most social media like I'm at work...."I'm not interested in talking politics, religion, or sex, nor am I interested in hearing it from you." LOL

Now, if you want to talk a margarita with a Grand Marnier topper, or the shark that was caught today, I'm your Huckleberry, my friend!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:22 am

Thank ya brother Garrison. Yep, I could talk fishing with a Marg all day long.

Return to “NAVARRE BEACH ~ MAIN FORUM”