Bike Trails

Here is the main forum about Navarre Beach. You will find tons of information, condo/beach house rentals, and discussion about the most beautiful beach in the world. Welcome to Paradise!
redchaz57
Power User
Power User

Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:15 am

Greetings everyone! My 'younger brother', use that term loosely, will be joining me in Navarre come first week of October. He has traveled to Kiwah Island outside of Charleston several times but never to Navarre. Wade is a big mountain bike and street bike rider. He loves riding his bike in Kiwah because of the beach, trees, salt marshes and gators. ;) He has competed in several 100 - 200 mile bike races and yes every night in July watches the Tour de France. He can bring his cross country and street bike as well.

Now that you have background information, I need help!! Obviously have recommended the Navarre to Fort Pickens ride but really needing other suggestions. Does anyone have suggestions? Are there cross country trails inward, maybe along the bays?

Any suggestions you can give would be great.

Cc
EconProf
Power User
Power User

Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:26 am

What about the Navarre to Gulf Breeze Hwy 98 round trip extravaganza? :shock:
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:36 pm

EconProf wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:26 am
What about the Navarre to Gulf Breeze Hwy 98 round trip extravaganza? :shock:
Or as the locals call it, "Suicide Highway"!

I forwarded you some links by email! :wink:
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
redchaz57
Power User
Power User

Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:16 am

Thanks Angel!!! Is the Gulf Breeze 98 all highway or is there part that's national park? Honestly I do my best where can to stay off 98...drives me crazy driving into Mobile and also the trip to Mary Esther.
dawhip

Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:37 pm

There is a bike path between the east end of Navarre Beach and Pensacola Beach. Usually well maintained. But check the wind, biking into a headwind can be tough, but good exercise.

There is a nice trail that starts in Milton, FL https://www.traillink.com/trail/blackwa ... ate-trail/
It is 10 miles one way. Based on the last time I was on it, I'd recommend not using a road bike as the pavement was cracked from tree roots. I used my old Trek mountain bike. Lots of nice scenery including pitcher plant bogs.

You could also drive in to Fort Pickens, park at the western end of the park and then bike between there and the entrance, about 7 miles one way. There will be limited traffic during October, especially on a week day. Before you go though, check their website or FB page. A summer tropical storm or worse can shut down the Ft. Pickens road for a long time ( due to overwash and sand on the highway).

Enjoy - October can be the nicest time of the year at Navarre.
redchaz57
Power User
Power User

Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:45 am

thank you everyone for the "bike trail" information. my brother will love it...
Paul Szalai

Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:20 pm

A bit of a drive to the north end of the county, but the Blackwater River State Forest has trails. Here are links.

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/flor ... bike-trail

https://www.trails.com/florida

Return to “NAVARRE BEACH ~ MAIN FORUM”