red brick house at the end of the road

Here is the main forum about Navarre Beach. You will find tons of information, condo/beach house rentals, and discussion about the most beautiful beach in the world. Welcome to Paradise!
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:58 pm

It was Dale and I with our 3 dogs and 4 cats.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:18 pm

Kenny Wilder wrote:It was Dale and I with our 3 dogs and 4 cats.
I knew there was a logical explanation.......... :shock:
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:22 am

If anyone can get pictures or video, I am sure many of us would like to see this freaky activity taking place. I have a hard time believing power is actually at that house.
Mfox20

Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:24 am

Brian,

You just like to stir things up, don't you? :mrgreen:
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:11 pm

Mfox20 wrote:Brian,

Brian doesn't need me to come to his defense, but believe me, we have plenty to keep us busy without stirring anything up! LOL Image
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:08 pm

Mfox20 wrote:Brian,

What? Me?

:wink:
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:22 am

DianaWilliams wrote:Good to read!
Welcome to the NBL forums, DianaWilliams!
AngelGirl

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:17 pm

There is an update about the red brick house in the April 19th edition of the Navarre Press, "A sign of possible progress on beach house" I am hoping that Pete can post it for all to read. Very interesting.

AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:17 pm

This was on WEAR TV last month.
http://weartv.com/news/local/navarre-be ... since-2004
(Article and Video)

Oh, shoot!! Well, never mind! I just noticed that article and video are from March 2016. I guess I need new glasses! DUH! I thought that info sounded familiar!!! I'll leave it just in case someone wants to get caught up to date on "the case of the abandoned red brick house".
AngelGirl

Pete
Power User
Power User

Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:41 am

lvthebch wrote:There is an update about the red brick house in the April 19th edition of the Navarre Press, "A sign of possible progress on beach house" I am hoping that Pete can post it for all to read. Very interesting.
Credit Navarre Press, April 19, 2018 -pg B11

A sign of possible progress on beach home

By Jamie Gentry

jamie@navarrepress.com Amid threats of foreclosure and years of complaints from neighbors, a dilapidated brick home on Gulf Boulevard may finally be scheduled for renovation..

A sign for Gulf Breezebased company Sailwinds Construction has been placed in front of the structure at 7315 Gulf Blvd.

The home was damaged in 2004 and 2005 by Hurricanes Ivan and Dennis. It is owned by Gary and Staci Turner, who now face Santa Rosa County’s threat to terminate their lease on the land on which the house in situated. The Turners’ current address is listed as being in Parker, Colorado.

Navarre Beach property is not actually owned by its residents, but leased from the county on long-term leases with yearly fees. After years of complaints, County Attorney Roy Andrews has moved to have the lease forcibly terminated and the home demolished.

Local residents, such as previous Beach Beautification Committee member Larry Sims, refer to the property as the “mafia house.”

The house is one lot short of the boundary marking the edge of Gulf Islands National Seashore. One of the “Welcome to Navarre Beach” signs is located just across the street.

Graffiti, including a swastika and other messages, have been painted on the building’s pillars. Many of the windows have been broken and the ground is littered with glass. Plywood has been placed over the holes.

The entrance to the property, a hole in the floor without a ladder or stairs, has been boarded shut.

The concrete foundation of the house has begun to crumble on the eastern side, and rust climbs up the metal stilts and base of the house.

When the Turners bought the house in 2003, they paid $2.2 million. It is now estimated by the county to have a taxable value of less than half that.

A call to Sailwinds Construction confirmed that the company is planning to do work at the site, but owner Christi Colabianchi said she could not make any further comment.

Multiple attempts to contact the Turners had not been answered by press time.

The General Covenants and Restrictions for the property, as provided in a complaint filed by the county, outline the requirements: “Each lessee shall keep all improvements on the demised premises in good repair, properly painted and clean and sanitary at all times.” Santa Rosa County asserts that the property’s current state of disrepair puts it in violation of this requirement. According to court documents, the Turners have hired attorneys T. A. Borowski Jr. and Darryl Steve Traylor to represent them.

Despite the construction sign placement, Andrews said the county will continue to pursue the legal case.

“Litigation is ongoing to force them to bring the structure into compliance with county code and the Restrictive Covenants,” Andrews said.“We want to see it brought into a livable condition.”

Currently the case in is the discovery phase. Andrews said as soon this phase is completed, the county will pursue a resolution of the case.

“The process of litigation is never fast. There are rights that have to protected on both sides,” he said.

Andrews said he will drop the litigation only if the property is completely restored to livable condition with substantial repairs.

“If they are in compliance, that is our goal. We just want them to have the structure in good, livable condition,” he said.

But work on renovations could be months away, according to Sailwinds Construction.
Image_5.jpg
Image_5.jpg (18.9 KiB) Viewed 2780 times
A Sailwinds Construction sign has been placed in front of the home at 7315 Gulf Blvd. This property has been in disrepair since taking damage from Hurricanes Ivan and Dennis in 2004 and 2005.

Photo by Jamie Gentry
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:34 pm

Thank you so much Pete!!

lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:46 pm

AngelGirl wrote:This was on WEAR TV last month.
http://weartv.com/news/local/navarre-be ... since-2004
(Article and Video)

Oh, shoot!! Well, never mind! I just noticed that article and video are from March 2016. I guess I need new glasses! DUH! I thought that info sounded familiar!!! I'll leave it just in case someone wants to get caught up to date on "the case of the abandoned red brick house".
I am glad you posted this AG. I enjoyed reading it. I remember back in the day how beautiful that house was. Would have loved to have seen what the inside looked like. Even now I am so curious as to what it looks like inside but I am guessing it is a huge mess.

PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:33 am

This is such a bizarre story. The owners of this house could have sold it years ago for over a million. Instead they let it deteriorate. Very sad. That house could have seen some might good times. Hopefully it will in the future.
redchaz57
Power User
Power User

Tue May 01, 2018 10:14 am

i even know about the red brick house.. what i don't understand is why? it's the perfect location.. do you think it's tied up in some type of probate?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue May 01, 2018 11:47 am

I guess the Turner's, the people who own the house have money to burn apparently. Don't understand it for the life of me. For crying out loud, all these years they could have been making tons of money renting it out. Such a waste in so many ways.

Return to “NAVARRE BEACH ~ MAIN FORUM”