First trip--beach chair service??

Here is the main forum about Navarre Beach. You will find tons of information, condo/beach house rentals, and discussion about the most beautiful beach in the world. Welcome to Paradise!
letsbeachit

Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:31 pm

After 30+ trips to Florida beaches we are finally going to be spending a week on the Navarre Beach. We are accustomed to renting our beach set up for the full week. We usually make reservations in advance and we stay on the beach from early morning to sunset. We are not second row people so we tip well at rental time. We will be staying at Beach Colony West. Beach set up is not provided in the condo rental so we need to contact a service. Some of the pictures I have seen show different color setups which I assume are different services. Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks!
CrazyB

Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:37 pm

Honestly, I would suggest visiting the "beach boy/umbrella guy" :D on your first day there and setting it up with him. Oh! By the way, you're gonna fall in love with Navarre!!
Kimberly Navarre
Jeremiah 29:11 ~~~For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.~~~
Susan

Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:43 am

CrazyB is correct. Visit "the umbrella dude" as soon as you can after arrival. If visiting during offseason, front row will not likely be an issue.

Sunset Beach Service is the company that serves Beach Colony. You can give the owner, Ed, a call prior to your arrival date and tell him what you want. His number is 850-244-0452. You still need to check-in with the guy on the beach as soon as possible.

Enjoy you trip!
All my misspelled words, typos, and grammatical errors, are intentional, and intended to troll and provoke.
redchaz57
Power User
Power User

Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:23 am

I agree with Kimberly. They set up every morning around 8. Talk with him then. I did check with Ed and he only does chairs and umbrellas... no chaises at Colony.
Nidrah

Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:59 am

We used VIP Beach Service. I believe the other is Sunset Beach Service. I'm not sure which one is at Beach Colony West.

From a google search:
VIP Beach Service = (850) 313-1104
Sunset Beach Service = (850) 244-0452

Like you, we are accustomed to renting our beach set up for the full week. Before coming to Navarre, we would also call and make reservations in advance. Since being at Navarre, we haven't had an issue with going down on Saturday (when we arrived) or even waiting until Sunday morning to get chairs. (Front row)

Will you be traveling late August/September? If so, I don't think you will have any issues with front row. But you may want to call and make sure they still have beach service available during those months.

If it's next summer, then yes, I would try calling, just to be on the safe side.

VIP offers both the folding chairs and wooden lounges. The wooden ones cost more. (I'm not sure if Sunset offers both)

I will add, that while I don't mind paying for beach service for a full week...if I had to do it all over again on this last trip...I would have taken my chances and paid day by day. I love beach service (unlike a lot of people on this forum) but because of the water and all the rain, we didn't get our money's worth.

I would also recommend taking a break from the beach service one day and take a trip down 399. Enjoy one of the public beaches around gulf breeze. I know this might sound odd because you have a beach right in front of your condo...but if you get lucky and find a spot where no one else is...it's one of the most peaceful experiences you will have.

just my two cents...
livinglarge
Power User
Power User

Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:40 am

fyi, if you rent a condo from Dale Peterson (Navarre Towers ) beach chairs and umbrella are included in price of rent. 2 chairs 1 umbrella
Susan

Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:42 am

I heard (second hand, so ymmv) chairs and umbrellas that were provided with the unit almost always were set up on the second row this season. Not sure if it is a lack of tipping issue, or what.
All my misspelled words, typos, and grammatical errors, are intentional, and intended to troll and provoke.
livinglarge
Power User
Power User

Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:54 pm

Best thing about navarretowers is, no second roll VIP is the service

Return to “NAVARRE BEACH ~ MAIN FORUM”