New marina to be built in Navarre at East River Smokehouse

Here is the main forum about Navarre Beach. You will find tons of information, condo/beach house rentals, and discussion about the most beautiful beach in the world. Welcome to Paradise!
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:12 pm

Politics...

Let me float a scenario. Someone writes this harmless looking question:

If we want growth and a well designed environment for Navarre, then perhaps we should see the decision making process move south of Milton?

See what I have written here?

Suddenly we are political and back with the incorporation debate: The pro and anti incorporation people will spit at each other... NBL is not the place for that kind of thing. This is why as Angel Girl has done, is to point out the kind of behavior we are happy with. An entire political based area of this board was removed because of how things degenerate.

That kind of degeneration is not going to be allowed to happen here again is all we are saying.
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
SouthernBreeze
Power User
Power User

Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:18 am

Bjrichus, I dont believe this discussion has or will degenerate and turn political. You keep bringing up the incorporation debate, and while I have read some of those quite "interesting" discussions on other venues, it is quite obvious that those type of comments will not be occurring on this forum. As I see it, this discussion is simply about a business opening up and the speculation of what impacts it may have. I bring my boat to NB on at least one of my many yearly trips and I certainly can see the potential positive impact a marina at that location could have for both local residents and tourists.
Trader

Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:45 am

Right answer ^^^^
Going Nuts

Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:08 am

I'm not opposed to controlled growth at Navarre, and a marina on the north shore won't have much impact. I assume it's a marketing ploy for the restaurant to encourage customers to "come by boat", etc., but unless they do some major dredging from the barge channel to the dock, it's only going to be good for small boats. I agree with the problems ahead trying to get the permit and $$ to dredge.

When my wife and I used to come to Navarre from Pensacola in the mid '70's, we had to bring all of our supplies and food with us or go to Gulf Breeze or do without. We've come a long way in a short time but Navarre is still quaint and manageable, and it's still the best beach within 100 miles.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:48 am

Sandstomper wrote:Just a logistics question, if fishing charters are offered, is the Destin jetty the closest? Seems Pensacola Pass is further by land, but I'm sure there are those on the forum with more knowledge.
By GoogleEarth measure - I get (straight line) about 27-miles to Pensacola Pass - and about 21-miles to Destin/East Pass.?? (the "no wake" zone by FWB may slow the trip to the east a little, tho?)
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:57 pm

PensacolaKid wrote:Brian,

I see no reason why we can't responsibly debate or have other insights into this discussion. No name calling or criticizing just discussion. If we can't do that on here what is the point of having it? We shall keep Obama out of it.
PensacolaKid is right. If we can’t responsibly debate or have other insights into [Political] discussion…what is the point of having it [Forum]?

For goodness sakes everything in life is political!

When I made the decision to remove the Forum “We the People” last December I never said going forward that all political discussion would not be allowed on all of the Forum(s). As a matter of fact I have posted 3 messages since last December where I stated clearly that political discussion on all of the other Forum(s) is still allowed.

Removing the “We the People” Forum has made it is apparent to me that this has caused a lot of confusion on what is political and what is not political and what Forum(s) can this be discussed on. It also causes confusion about national news that may not be political, or religious expression that some might consider political or nonpolitical.

Therefore, either today or tomorrow I’m going to correct this confusion by posting a message about the following:

1. I will try to make it clear that political discussion will be allowed on all the Forum(s) with examples.

2. I will be recreating the Forum “We the People” where folks can post national news, political news and political discussion. This particular Forum will be at the bottom of the Index Page. In order to insure that comments are respectful I will monitor this Forum more carefully than the last time.

3. I will be changing the Forum “Rules and Regulations” to reflect this issue.

If at any time I think that all political references or discussion should no longer be allowed on the Forum(s) that will be the day that the entire Forum(s) website will be shut down.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
WhyILiveHere

Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:01 pm

So has anyone been able to get hold of James Dabney to find out rates and availability of the slips?

I have tried on numerous occasions from emails, phone calls and visits to the restaurant to get this information.

Anyone?
BeachTeach

Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:55 pm

Kenny Wilder wrote:
PensacolaKid wrote:Brian,

I see no reason why we can't responsibly debate or have other insights into this discussion. No name calling or criticizing just discussion. If we can't do that on here what is the point of having it? We shall keep Obama out of it.
PensacolaKid is right. If we can’t responsibly debate or have other insights into [Political] discussion…what is the point of having it [Forum]?

For goodness sakes everything in life is political!

When I made the decision to remove the Forum “We the People” last December I never said going forward that all political discussion would not be allowed on all of the Forum(s). As a matter of fact I have posted 3 messages since last December where I stated clearly that political discussion on all of the other Forum(s) is still allowed.

Removing the “We the People” Forum has made it is apparent to me that this has caused a lot of confusion on what is political and what is not political and what Forum(s) can this be discussed on. It also causes confusion about national news that may not be political, or religious expression that some might consider political or nonpolitical.

Therefore, either today or tomorrow I’m going to correct this confusion by posting a message about the following:

1. I will try to make it clear that political discussion will be allowed on all the Forum(s) with examples.

2. I will be recreating the Forum “We the People” where folks can post national news, political news and political discussion. This particular Forum will be at the bottom of the Index Page. In order to insure that comments are respectful I will monitor this Forum more carefully than the last time.

3. I will be changing the Forum “Rules and Regulations” to reflect this issue.

If at any time I think that all political references or discussion should no longer be allowed on the Forum(s) that will be the day that the entire Forum(s) website will be shut down.
Kenny, as I respect not only your opinion, but your efforts for this site.............I value your insight to such a forward movement in Navarre. It seems (and has been proven) that all improvements and advancements of this great place we all call "Home" is controlled by the Navarre / Holly Water Board. The President of this organization seems to have greater "Power" than what would be the "Mayor of Navarre". The past President gave great power to his "Brother" (a non board member) to not only manage the local golf course (Hidden Creek) to to run it into ground to where even the local members and home owners are questioning the future of this establishment. Is the demise of this property the beginning of the end for the Estates of Hidden Creek, and how does it effect Navarre?

Regards,

Not a golfer, but an Estates Home Owner.........
BillMcPVT

Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:09 am

Are we still talking about the Marina? If so... does anyone know if there will be live-aboard slips available?
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:55 am

BillMcPVT wrote:Are we still talking about the Marina? If so... does anyone know if there will be live-aboard slips available?
What do you mean by "live-aboard slips available"?
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
BillMcPVT

Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:43 am

By live-aboard slip I mean a place for someone to dock their boat that they live on full time.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:04 am

Now I understand. I know the owner of the marina and restaurant. I will reach out to him for an answer.
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
Pete
Power User
Power User

Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:51 am

I did chat with James at a HN Water meeting.
My interest was if rates had been set. He stated $350 for up to 25 feet + $12 per foot over 25.
Didn't ask about "live aboard" ("full time"?) but the slips - to my understanding - have power and water. I believe marina is supposed to have fuel and sewage pump out station?
If so - live aboard should be doable?
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
BillMcPVT

Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:51 pm

Pete wrote:I did chat with James at a HN Water meeting.
My interest was if rates had been set. He stated $350 for up to 25 feet + $12 per foot over 25.
Didn't ask about "live aboard" ("full time"?) but the slips - to my understanding - have power and water. I believe marina is supposed to have fuel and sewage pump out station?
If so - live aboard should be doable?

Thanks Pete!

Return to “NAVARRE BEACH ~ MAIN FORUM”