Locals Getting Our Beach Back Today

Here is the main forum about Navarre Beach. You will find tons of information, condo/beach house rentals, and discussion about the most beautiful beach in the world. Welcome to Paradise!
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:41 am

NBL HD 1080 Zoom Cam 2014-08-18 11-16-59 AM.jpg
NBL HD 1080 Zoom Cam 2014-08-18 11-16-59 AM.jpg (338.7 KiB) Viewed 4249 times
Above is a snapshot from the HD Zoom Cam this morning at 11:16 AM of the locals getting back our beach . Just kidding…we really enjoy visitors that come to Navarre Beach and all the friends that we have made over the years via this forum.

You can see from the snap shot of the HD Zoom Cam that shows just a few people on the beach, what is normally the most crowded area of the beach during the Summer season. In any event we look forward to your coming back when you can.

And most importantly I want to see those photos posted on the forum that you shot of your vacations this year.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:49 am

Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:31 pm

A view from the west end of the beach.
Attachments
May-July 2014 015.JPG
May-July 2014 015.JPG (1.44 MiB) Viewed 4234 times

Nidrah

Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:34 pm

My husband and I have always said, when we drop our youngest off at college, we'll then be making a b-line for the beach! I don't want to wish these next few years away...but that photo looks very encouraging!
redchaz57
Power User
Power User

Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:12 pm

Here's some shots Kenny. They say you can see the soul thru a camera lens.
Attachments
navarre.jpg
navarre.jpg (462.33 KiB) Viewed 4211 times
redchaz57
Power User
Power User

Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:14 pm

few more!
Attachments
florida.jpg
florida.jpg (28.79 KiB) Viewed 4211 times
star light star bright.jpg
star light star bright.jpg (62 KiB) Viewed 4211 times
redchaz57
Power User
Power User

Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:16 pm

last one's :)
Attachments
moonlight.jpg
moonlight.jpg (114.53 KiB) Viewed 4211 times
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:25 pm

I want to see more of you guys posting more photos. Let's Roll!
Kenny Wilder
Are You Going to Heaven?
redchaz57
Power User
Power User

Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:32 pm

first lesson; in hurricane do not go to beach without expecting sand burn.
Attachments
issac.jpg
issac.jpg (328.16 KiB) Viewed 4202 times
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:15 am

Yes Redchaz and lvthebch...thank you for posting those lovely photos. Nice shots!

This past weekend, my wife and I took our only child (daughter) to college. Hard to believe this time would come and it went by in a heartbeat. We did fine and I believe she did as well. As we were moving her into the dorm and decorating her room, etc., I saw many moms and daughters crying their eyes out. Thought my wife would do the same but she held up very well.

Anyway, my point for my post besides thanking our photographers was to mention as well, that school has seemingly started all over the Southeast. Beaches are bare and I bet if the businesses were really honest, they would tell you they miss the hustle and bustle and the ensuing money but on the other hand they are kind a ready for a little break and some silence. One last weekend (Labor Day weekend) and BAM....real silence for about 9 months.

Oh...went into Hobby Lobby this weekend for some things for my daughters dorm room, as well as Walgreens, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, Lowes, Marshall's, Bed Bath & Beyond and who knows where else ....(girls have to be harder than boys to move into a dorm!!!!! :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :? :? :? ) and in virtually everyone, the Halloween and Thanksgiving stuff are out and in full force. About 1.75 - 2 months and Christmas stuff will be out and heavy.
redchaz57
Power User
Power User

Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:16 am

I visit Navarre when there are less people. October being my favorite month. Is such a more relaxed atmosphere and you see more local people which is nice. This year was there in early May in a very nice condo and thought would come unglued at all the people. So no summer travel for me!
lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:31 pm

PensacolaKid wrote:Yes Redchaz and lvthebch...thank you for posting those lovely photos. Nice shots!

This past weekend, my wife and I took our only child (daughter) to college. Hard to believe this time would come and it went by in a heartbeat. We did fine and I believe she did as well. As we were moving her into the dorm and decorating her room, etc., I saw many moms and daughters crying their eyes out. Thought my wife would do the same but she held up very well.

Anyway, my point for my post besides thanking our photographers was to mention as well, that school has seemingly started all over the Southeast. Beaches are bare and I bet if the businesses were really honest, they would tell you they miss the hustle and bustle and the ensuing money but on the other hand they are kind a ready for a little break and some silence. One last weekend (Labor Day weekend) and BAM....real silence for about 9 months.

Oh...went into Hobby Lobby this weekend for some things for my daughters dorm room, as well as Walgreens, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, Lowes, Marshall's, Bed Bath & Beyond and who knows where else ....(girls have to be harder than boys to move into a dorm!!!!! :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :? :? :? ) and in virtually everyone, the Halloween and Thanksgiving stuff are out and in full force. About 1.75 - 2 months and Christmas stuff will be out and heavy.
Oh my....time flies! So happy that the move went well......bet she will enjoy her college years and her nicely decorated dorm room. I feel old....seems like I was in college just yesterday....ha!

bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:25 pm

redchaz57 wrote:I visit Navarre when there are less people. October being my favorite month. Is such a more relaxed atmosphere and you see more local people which is nice. This year was there in early May in a very nice condo and thought would come unglued at all the people. So no summer travel for me!
Yes redchaz57... Me too.

Kenny says that december is great (with all the Christmas parades and stuff), so we might make it there one holiday/new year week as well.
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:56 am

Christmas is nice with what you just mentioned, however, as for the shelling, fishing and swimming....not so good. I have been in Navarre many times during the Christmas season (on business) and it is different for sure. Beautiful but a wee bit chilly for the things I like doing.
johnandkristie

Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:03 am

We will be back in 10 days. Always look forward to our time in Navarre. It is a place of restoration and peace for Kristie and me. We discovered the artificial reef last month...how come we didn't know about it sooner?
I can't figure how to post photos (technologically challenged) but I will try. Never thought I would love the beach when I bought the condo 10 years ago but having a southern belle for a wife has made that easy.
John and Kristie Frerich

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will. (Ephesians 1:3–5)

Return to “NAVARRE BEACH ~ MAIN FORUM”