Pensacolakid's August 14' Adventure

Here is the main forum about Navarre Beach. You will find tons of information, condo/beach house rentals, and discussion about the most beautiful beach in the world. Welcome to Paradise!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:01 am

Well Sandstomper....it would have been my distinct honor and pleasure to meet you.
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:09 am

Sandstomper wrote:Those supplements sound like something I can use for my 55 year old joints...
My wife (same age) could do with those too. She is taking a bunch of calcium supplements and stuff.

As for me at 58, I could do with more that just a tablet or two, I need to be back at Navarre Beach.

Unfortunately, that is't likely to happen JUST yet. Have a week at Brother-in-laws in Utah and a few other things to get out of the way first...
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:16 am

Utah, Schmutah....tell the brother in law to leave the altitude and meet you in the moist, sandy, salty air of Navarre and y'all can visit there. Who wants to go where the air is thin and oh so dry.
bjrichus
Power User
Power User
Location: Looking forward to the next trip to Navarre Beach! WOO HOO!

Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:14 pm

PensacolaKid wrote:Utah, Schmutah....tell the brother in law to leave the altitude and meet you in the moist, sandy, salty air of Navarre and y'all can visit there. Who wants to go where the air is thin and oh so dry.
I'm with you on that... It's just not *MY* call this time. :(
bjrichus (also known as Brian)
NavarreBeachLife.com Moderator
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:46 pm

Kenny Wilder wrote:Fantastic Report PensacolaKid. We really enjoyed our visit with you last Thursday at the pier watering hole. And we are looking forward to your return visit to Paradise in October.

I have not forgotten the vitamin, omega fish oil and joint supplements for Beaudoux, your 110 pound dog. Give me a couple of hours and I will post this information on this thread. Maybe it will help other people who have older dogs that are having a difficult time getting around and can no longer jump up on the couch. All 5 of our house dogs have been on these supplements their whole life.
3 Supplements to prepare your dog for a healthy, quality and long life

Pro-Sense Glucosamine Advanced Joint Care for Dogs

Ideal for More Severe Joint Problems
Tasty Chewable Tablets for Dogs
Contains 60 Tablets
Pro Sense™ Advanced Joint Care with Glucosamine, Vitamin C, MSM and Chondroitin for supporting advanced joint and bone health.

Directions for use: Administer Orally:
Up to 25 lbs ......................... 1 tablet daily
Over 25 lbs to 50 lbs ............ 2 tablets daily
Over 50 lbs to 75 lbs ............ 3 tablets daily
Over 75 lbs to 100 lbs .......... 4 tablets daily

Kenny Wilder: We started giving our dogs Glucosamine supplements for dogs years ago. I could tell you dozens of miracles about glucosamine for dogs. Dickens our little 7 pound Yorkie started limping about 5 years ago, and our Vet said that it was most likely genetic. Anybody that knows me the word impossible is not an option. We started him immediately on the Glucosamine and in about 2 months he only limped a few times a week. After 6 months all limping disappeared and after 5 years on glucosamine Dickens is totally healed. I'm sure many of you know Barbara, one of our favorite servers at the Waffle House. One day she was real sad about her little dog Boss. She said that he could not walk anymore, and that for several months she had to carry Boss outside so that he could relieve himself. She was considering putting Boss down. We told Barbara about Glucosamine. She tried it and after 1 to 2 months Boss was much better. It’s been about 7 months since she started Boss on Glucosamine and she says that he is running all over the back yard, and jumping up and off of the couch. I could go on with more good reports, but I think you get my message. Don’t wait until your dog shows a problem. Start them on Glucosamine TODAY!

Pro Sense Senior Daily Vitamin for Dogs
90 Tablets

Directions & Dosage: Dogs Under 10 Lbs - 1/2 Tablet Daily; Dogs 11-50 Lbs - 1 Tablet Daily; Dogs Over 50 Lbs - 2 Tablets Daily; For Sick, Convalescing, Pregnant Or Nursing Dogs - 2 Tablets Daily. May Be Given With Other Supplements Including Skin and Coat and Joint Care Supplements.
Kenny Wilder: All our dogs get a dog vitamin supplement every day.

Spring Valley Fish Oil 1000 mg, Omega-3 for Humans and Dogs
100 Softgels
Kenny Wilder: Our Vet 13 years ago recommended Omega-3 Fish Oil for one of our dogs that had severe skin allergies. It worked. All of our 5 dogs receive the fish oil softgels with their morning feeding. Folks always wonder why our dogs have shinny-soft fur and bright eyes...it's the Omega-3 Fish Oil. Another miracle supplement for your dog.

In a few days my message above will be lost because of new topics being posted. Therefore, I will copy and paste the above 3 supplements for dogs as a new topic on the Pet's forum.

Pets Forum
http://www.navarrebeachlife.com/forums/ ... 24&t=10185
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:54 am

Thank you very much for taking the time to write all this up, Kenny. I shall be buying Beaudreux some of the ProSense and the Fish Oil pills today. Living here in Mexico, I mean Houston...the allergies with him are horrible. He even licks his paws so much it creates a "hot spot" occasionally. He has one right now. Perhaps the fish oil pill will stop that. I will report back in when I see results. Thanks again!
lefam1992

Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:19 pm

PK, enjoyed reading your report. very cool.

Pier fishing, I tried to wake up early and failed miserably, so I would just lather with sun screen, and wear a big hat to fish.

the weather was perfect. The rain on Monday helped to cool the weather a little bit. we were on the pier fishing and were soaking wet :), but that's alright as the kids seem to enjoy the rain.

for BA practice, I didn't anticipate that much traffic for the practice session. But it was awesome as always. went to see them in April when they were here in Ft. Worth. planning to see them again next year in Sept (and maybe July in Pensacola).

Tony
Garrison

Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:55 am

Great report and I'm sure, whether we realize it or not, we had to have crossed paths! Mac and Bob were down there every weekday we were there; in fact, my largest Jack Crevalle was my only gaffed fish that didn't have Mac at the other end of the rope!

Spanish were coming in to the pier our last full day (15th).

Return to “NAVARRE BEACH ~ MAIN FORUM”