mini report

Here is the main forum about Navarre Beach. You will find tons of information, condo/beach house rentals, and discussion about the most beautiful beach in the world. Welcome to Paradise!
Garrison

Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:27 am

I am usually internet-free on vaca but taking a break from fishing this morning on the balcony at the Pearl. The water has been consistently beautiful and the fishing has been even better! My son and I have caught and released sandbar sharks, Jack Crevalle, and one barracuda that exhausted me yesterday. Kept a 20# king that turned out nicely on the grill! Brought my mom for the first four days to commemorate one.year cancer free, its been a pleasure to see her relax & enjoy herself. Have to get her over to PNS today, hopefully I don't struggle finding it. Have ensured to get my USRDA of sticky buns, key lime pie, etc., just thrilled to be back! Lots more fishing and boating to do the next two weeks....signing off, and go Blue Wahoos!
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:33 am

Thanks for taking the time to make that excellent FUN report, Garrison! Lots of merriment and rejoicing ~ hugs to your mom from all of us!

AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
lefam1992

Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:18 am

ah, i was there when your son caught that sandbar. i must tell you your son had a great time. just looking at him struggling to reel in that shark, while the rod bend is awesome (and then afterward he massaged his arms because he was tired :) ) i'm glad you guys did the right thing by release that shark to give it another chance (or another angler a chance).

quite a few of people caught JC yesterday. i saw at least 7 of them in various cooler. and yes, the water has been awesome since last wednesday, if only those jelly fish are not around. my kids (and I) got a few stings, but it's what it is. they usually here around this time, so we (human) just have to adapt to it.

Tony
lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:25 pm

Enjoyed your report....so happy for the good news about your mom!

Garrison

Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:30 am

Good morning y'all (and thanks for the previous well wishes :))

Got everyone back home last night about 10:30 pm. Felt good to sleep in my own bed but this trip will make it even harder to deal with the wait for next year! I mean everything was perfect! Two consecutive weeks with no rain, awesome fishing, tasty eats, beautiful water; only drawback being I missed an opportunity or two to cross paths with P-Kid!

One opportunity for improvement I will eventually offer (to the Pier management) is this.....a couple mornings when my son and I went out there, there were shark fishermen who were allowed to camp overnight at the end of the pier. I'm obviously jealous because, given the opportunity, I'd like to be able to fish the pier overnight if I desire instead of having to leave by 11PM. Not being a local, that's fine; I understand people are going to have connections, that's fine. My bigger issue is that, once my son and I showed up with our cart, these guys all wake up and get their sailor language going, start urinating off the sides of the octagon and, when they do leave, there's trash and dead bait strewn all over the end of the pier, some of it ending up in the water before some of the other locals or my son and I could get to it. There was one gentleman who said he would have a word with the "leader" of the group (would be of no benefit to give the guy's name out). A little more respect for the people, property, and water would go a long way.

Have to get to unpacking, kids are off to school Wednesday!
florida dreamer

Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:42 pm

Wow.....Garrison two weeks in paradise. Now I am jealous. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Beautiful weather and good food. Doesn't get any better than that. I hope my trip is just as good.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:43 pm

These folks making these interesting and fun reports are really setting the bar high ... guess you know what that means, florida dreamer!!! ;)

A.G.
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:18 pm

Glad you and your family had such a great time! (Never heard of folks being able to spend the night on the pier!)Thanks for sharing about your two weeks. Wow...two weeks.....it is so sad to leave after being there just one week but two? Was able to spend two weeks in Navarre a few years ago thinking that surely after two weeks I would be able to leave without being sad......nope! Just made it worse!

Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:55 pm

Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
CrazyB

Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:35 am

All of these reports are making me (future) home sick LOL,,,,in three weeks from today, I will be blessed to be in Paradise aka Navarre Beach for 4 glorious weeks!!!!

Yep, my brother is looking forward to overnight fishing on the pier. If you choose to stay on the pier overnight, be sure you want to be there the entire night. They lock the gate at 10 or 11? and if you're still on the pier, then you are there until they unlock it in the morning at 5 or 6.

The disrespectful language on the pier as well as the disrespect for the pier/ocean with trash and dead fish are downright uncalled for. It has really increased each year that I've been there, so that's the past four years. It's really sad actually!

On a totally different note,,,,,can anyone enlighten me as to what the white or clear like tiny fish are? I say tiny, but they vary in the sizes I've encountered from .5 inch to 5 inches long give or take. In September of 2012 they were everywhere along the shore out to about 3 feet. They wanted to "nibble" at ya!! And moving your toe's or feet around only attracted them even more!!! It was better to not move. Thank goodness we didn't see any last September,,,hoping they found more interesting things to do in their own home LOL. What were these little boogers?!?!
Kimberly Navarre
Jeremiah 29:11 ~~~For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.~~~
rexy

Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:56 am

They like to nibble at the dead skin on your legs, what the nutritional value is not known, some people pay to have this done, don't tell Obama about this freebie.
florida dreamer

Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:28 pm

Angel Girl...Yes I know what that means. LOL
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:49 pm

rexy wrote:They like to nibble at the dead skin on your legs, what the nutritional value is not known, some people pay to have this done, don't tell Obama about this freebie.
I think they call it protein. Most likely easier to consume than scales.
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:31 pm

Garrison, I am so sorry we did not have a chance to meet but am very glad you and your family had such a marvelous time in paradise. How can you not, right. As for the deadbeats at the end of the pier, I am sorry you had to deal with that. I too have had to endure such, although thankfully that "pier trash" is not indicative of the vast majority on the pier (the locals that is). Not real sure what it is going to take to rid the peeing off the end of the pier or the language issue. I have had an issue with that for many years...the language. F bombs flying right and left, GD at any given moment. Again, this is by a select few but they are always on there seemingly every time I am out there. One day they will mouth off to the wrong person and that will be the end of that.

Folks like Bob and Mac, frankly our resident Fishing Reporter, David are good folks and willing to help in any way they can. Mac's son actually assisted me with my reel. I had a fish on (Lesser Amberjack) and it was going toward the piling and in fact, he wrapped himself around the piling and I had to cut the line but it was due to my gears slipping. Mac's son, a rod and reel rep with Penn (I think?) fixed the problem for me. Very nice young man! I got back to slayin'em!
Garrison

Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:06 pm

I'm pretty sure he's with Penn since he went out of his way to compliment me on my gear lol; I run 4 Penn FRC's of varied size and a Penn Battle, which is my new favorite. My avatar is my son when he had his sandbar hooked up on an FRC-5000.

Return to “NAVARRE BEACH ~ MAIN FORUM”