Nicholas

Here is the main forum about Navarre Beach. You will find tons of information, condo/beach house rentals, and discussion about the most beautiful beach in the world. Welcome to Paradise!
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:35 pm

Hey, 'Kid, looks like you guys are getting some weather or soon will be!

viewtopic.php?f=108&t=15447
AngelGirl

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
Going Nuts

Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:53 am

Hopefully they'll get the rain they need without the collateral damage. Looks like the storm's going to hang around the area all week though.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:58 am

Gotta tell ya, I have been in numerous thunderstorms that packed far more punch than this thing. Yes, got a little rain which is a good thing. Came through they say around 1:00 am but I did not hear a thing. Houston is all but immune to bad storms. Yes, we had a Harvey but it did not even come in here and it was a once in a thousand year storm. I am a firm believer that it is due to all the concrete, steel and glass in this horrible place. It is like a shield and when it does rain there is no place for it to soak in so it just floods. No flooding this time. They said early yesterday up to 20 inches of rain. I bet we did not get 2. Thankfully it cooled it off a bit. Hopefully the poor folks in southern Louisiana can get a cool break. They deserve it.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:20 am

Was wondering. The Hurricane center had Nicholas center just about over Houston at 7 AM CST. But looks like nearly all of the rain is too the east. Radar shows some outer bands as far east as here. Had over three inches of rain here yesterday - but did not look like associated with Nicholas. Glad it is not parking and dumping like Harvey.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:32 am

There are some branches and leaves everywhere but again, we have had thunderstorms that did this much. We in Houston are accustomed to the "cry wolf" syndrome.
gailjean
Power User
Power User

Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:41 pm

Wondering how Baytown is faring - we used to live there. Almost evacuated once from their when Gilbert moved into the Gulf. Fortunately, his course didn't end up coming anywhere near us.
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:52 am

They got far more rain and wind than did the west side. This upon retiring for the night was supposed to go west of Katy, Texas which is a far west Houston area. I live about 10 miles east of Katy. Had it taken that route we would have been right on the dirty wall side. Instead it dipped and went below downtown and to the east. Again, they are wrong about 99% of the time.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:10 am

As of 4 AM they reported the center on the TX/LA border - by now maybe Lake Charles. The radar shows all the rain east of there.
The rainfall prediction has the most ("6-10 inches") in a band along I-10 and the coast from the LA/MS border to Destin - including here.
Don't think I'll get any yard work done today!
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:57 am

It is stunning how Houston was supposed to be ground zero and Pensacola once again will be the one to take the brunt of the storm with the rain. You guys were not even on the radar with this one. The Pensacola/Navarre area has a tropical system target on their back.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:04 am

We didn't get any wind to speak of - but rained all day yesterday - 4-inches. Not raining now but still overcast and may get a few dribs and drabs as day goes on.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
Pete
Power User
Power User

Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:01 am

Another day of rain in Navarre. Had about 1-1/2 inches yesterday, raining again today (Friday). About 8-inches for the week. Feel sorry for anyone who is here for vacation this past week! The Nicholas remnants just stay sitting over Louisiana!
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!

Return to “NAVARRE BEACH ~ MAIN FORUM”