NAVARRE BEACH WILL CLOSE TODAY AT MIDNIGHT

Here is the main forum about Navarre Beach. You will find tons of information, condo/beach house rentals, and discussion about the most beautiful beach in the world. Welcome to Paradise!
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:25 pm

NAVARRE BEACH WILL CLOSE TODAY AT MIDNIGHT

Navarre Beach and Navarre Beach Fishing Pier will be closing at midnight, according to the Santa Rosa County Fishing Pier operator. “The beaches will be closed along with the fishing pier at midnight tonight. They don’t have a date to reopen. They will have to assess how things go. They will open as soon as it is safe,” said Tamara Fountain.”
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:50 am

Can anyone clarify if that means a single person could not walk the beach or it is closed to groups? I find it hard to believe that they have completely closed a public beach to even a single person? Maybe they have the insanity continues.

People need to listen to Fox News right now with Gov Cuomo speaking. I do not like the guy nor his liberal policies but he is speaking common sense right now, which this country has completely blown out of the water. 34K people dead since Oct from Influenza and that is just in America. 279 from CV?

Gas is plentiful, food is plentiful, grocery stores are open, restaurants are still cooking, we are fine. You know who is not fine....the people of Nashville that got hammered two weeks ago. Think about them.

And oh by the way, listen to the media, read what they are writing, listen to the liberal hating machine reporters at the daily briefings and you tell me their language and their message is not vitriolic and motive/political driven. They damn sure are and President Trump puts many of them in their place.
SouthernBreeze
Power User
Power User

Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:32 pm

Only residents, renters, and service people are allowed on the island. You must show proof of residency or ownership, that you currently have a reservation, or if you are providing a requested service (repairs, mail, garbage etc)
There is a check point at the beginning of the island. No one is allowed on the beach including the sound side. Beach parks as is the beach road to Pensacola are closed. They have not announced a date to reopen. The boat launch is open at this time with limited parking.
Kenny Wilder
Power User
Power User

Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:32 pm

CORONAVIRUS = FEAR AND CONFUSION

I Corinthians‬ ‭14:33‬ ‭NKJV‬‬ ~ For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints. [Pray that God ends this darkness]
Kenny Wilder
NavarreBeachLife.com ~ Owner/Administrator
Constitutional Conservative
Florida Master Naturalist ~ Coastal Systems and Wetlands
Forum Rules and Regulations (Terms of Service)
Are You Going to Heaven?
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:09 am

Thanks for the clarification SouthernBreeze. How are the reservations looking at the early juncture?
Pete
Power User
Power User

Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:56 am

Anybody know if the pier deck replacement is continuing during the beach closure? Hope so, so it is done when pier reopens.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
Garrison

Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:33 am

Guys are still working on the deck, visible from the cam. Work thus far seems satisfactory.

We came down a couple days early for spring break; on the way down there was a post from Navarre Press that everything would stay open as long as the "social distancing" proved compliant and manageable. My son and I were on the Pier when the announcement was made regarding the closing. I can tell you since I was there that, although the numbers present paled in comparison to "normal," no one on the octagon seemed very concerned about personal space relative to what is/was going on. The spanish bite was so incredible that Sam and I just picked our spot, kept to ourselves, and filled the box. It took us from about 7am til 12:30 to limit out.

The next morning, there were media reports about states beginning to implement various "stay at home" edicts, just like we now have here in Indiana. Considering that, plus no beaches to access for the wife, we just decided to head home. Okaloosa Pier was left open for fishermen only (and as of yesterday their cam showed this to be accurate, albeit only about 20-25 fishermen present). We assumed with only Okaloosa being open that all the locals might potentially flock there and overcrowd it, and I didn't really want to drive to Ft. Walton and back every day to fish. My condo owner was, and has always been, great to work with, and gas is cheap right now, so we bit the bullet, stopped by Navarre Seafood Market on our way out of town, and came home. Guess we'lll see how July turns out!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:21 am

Hey Garrison....well I am sorry you got abbreviated on your recent trip to Navarre but the great news is, you got to be there and you limited out on Spanish and you get to come back. I have to believe that by July and I am hoping June, this thing is really under control and that our economy has not imploded. Keep us posted brother.
lvthebch
Power User
Power User

Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:37 pm

Thank you for sharing. Sorry that you had to leave early but I like how you found the positives in the situation. Happy you and your son were able to have fun fishing!

Return to “NAVARRE BEACH ~ MAIN FORUM”