Mr. Rays collard greens still there ?

Here is the main forum about Navarre Beach. You will find tons of information, condo/beach house rentals, and discussion about the most beautiful beach in the world. Welcome to Paradise!
dawhip

Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:22 pm

Some years ago, there was a fellow growing collard and turnip greens next to the Santa Rosa RV park. Always was a treat to pick some up for Thanksgiving. I searched the forum but did not see anything posed since 2015. Does anyone know if he is still selling greens ?

If not, are there any other growers or farmer's markets in the area ?

Thanks
David Whipple
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:09 pm

David,
It's been awhile since we were in the area but I found this website that might give you some clues:

http://nfmd.org/fl/navarre/

:)

PS
Now, thanks to you, I'm hungry for some fresh collard greens! LOL Been having to make do with those convenient frozen ones!
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
Pete
Power User
Power User

Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:31 am

Haven't seen his sign out for a couple of years - tomatoes or greens (etc.)
There is a small farmers market in Holley, just south of Holley Hill Pottery and Ye Olde Brothers - on Saturday AMs.
Also, another at St. Augustine's Church on - I think - first and third Saturday AMs.
Then, in Pensacola, there is the Palafox Market - also Saturday AMs.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
dawhip

Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:14 pm

Thanks for the info AngelGirl and Pete. I'll check those out later this week and post here if I find something good.
AngelGirl
Power User
Power User

Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:55 pm

dawhip wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:14 pm
Thanks for the info AngelGirl and Pete. I'll check those out later this week and post here if I find something good.
I appreciate that ... Looking forward to your report, David!
AngelGirl
Navarre Beach Life Moderator

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12 BSB
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:18 am

I think you are speaking of the, "Tomato Man." A few years back he sold part of his land to the RV Park people and I suspect that may be part of the reason.
Pete
Power User
Power User

Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:22 am

PensacolaKid wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:18 am
I think you are speaking of the, "Tomato Man." A few years back he sold part of his land to the RV Park people and I suspect that may be part of the reason.
True - but he did continue to put out his sign for a couple/few years after that - and sell various veggies.
Again, haven't seen the signs (or driven back to the stand) in at least two years.
Cheers, Pete
Go Vikings!
PensacolaKid
Power User
Power User

Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:49 pm

I drive by there all the time when I'm there four five times a year and for the past like you say couple of years I haven't seen any activity. He was not a spring chicken 10 years ago so there is no telling right now

Return to “NAVARRE BEACH ~ MAIN FORUM”